Proudly supported by our WOW Community Members
Design Your Plate has partnered with World of Women (WOW) to promote physical activity, holistic wellness and heart-healthy habits to support our Charity of Choice: Ability First Ottawa in the 2020 WOW Virtual Walking Summer Challenge.
Join the Challenge
The WOW Virtual Walking Summer Challenge aims to encourage individuals and families to increase their physical activity as a sustained lifestyle change, not just a short-term occurrence. By challenging people to walk at least 2-3 times per week throughout the summer, we aim to encourage ongoing, regular physical activity, which can dramatically improve your health and well-being.
Open to the Ottawa community starting August 1 thru September 22, 2020.
The Challenge will:
- Encourage individuals to walk outdoors for a minimum 30 minutes 2-3 times per week (or to engage in active movement indoors during inclement weather, such as the treadmill, elliptical, rowing, weight training, yoga or even dancing – whatever moves you!)
- Create a ‘wellness movement’ that will result in sustained holistic living via our private VIP Facebook Community.
- Help you track your walking progress as you “trek” through a virtual map of Ottawa.
- Offer guidance for a holistic approach to support HEALTHY HABITS for: Nutrition & Dietary Supplements, Skincare, Fitness & Stress Management
- Include weekly heart-healthy recipes, meal-prep ideas for you and your family.
- Share family-friendly games and weekly challenges to complete and collect points to redeem prizes.
Are there prizes for participating?
All individuals who officially register for the challenge will be entered into a free drawing where winners will be randomly selected at the end of the challenge. Prizes are generously provided by the WOW Ambassadors.
What if I don’t live in Ottawa?
No worries, that’s the beauty about walking… it’s the easiest activity you can do on your own – you can walk anywhere, at anytime. Keep in mind that the maps and trails provided are based in Ottawa. However, we can customize a routine for you and your family. Connect with us to learn more.
How to register and participate in the challenge
Step 1: Register yourself for the walking challenge via Eventbrite to receive your FREE ticket.
After registering, you will receive additional instructions to access and follow the challenge separately by e-mail.
The challenge is free with donation and open to individuals and families in Ottawa and the National Capital Region.
By registering for the challenge, you are eligible to receive the weekly challenge themes, maps and routes for a variety of walking paths. Plus, join our private VIP Facebook Community for personal accountability and collect points to redeem prizes throughout the challenge.
Challenge Period: August 1 thru September 22, 2020
Click this link to register for your FREE ticket via Eventbrite
Step 2: Support + Donate to Ability First Ottawa
Ability First Ottawa is a charitable organization that provides comprehensive services and support to individuals (with or without developmental disabilities) and their families. Learn more » http://abilityfirstottawa.org/
Every donation, no matter the amount, helps support Ability First Ottawa as we support individuals in our community.
Click the link below to donate online via Canada Helps and receive a tax-deductible receipt.
Collaborate with us: Become a Corporate Sponsor and/or Community Partner
If you are a local Ottawa business and/or support our wellness initiative, please connect with us to receive more details. We would love to collaborate with you and highlight your business!
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org